December 16, 2012

Making decisions

Might as well start this off with some cuteness. Here's the link to the photo gallery, but this is my favorite. (Our friend Julia came over with a real camera, so I got some high def adorable.)

Oh my goodness, I'm all about this girl. As you may have read, I was going through a major melt down trying to decide if we'd become foster failures. [Let me take a moment to thank those of you who offered advice. I read them all a few times over while I battled internally.]

 
I found myself just looking Boots each day and saying, I want to keep her. Travel, fosters... I could find a way to make it work. I just never wanted her to leave. She is our perfect cat, and in my heart I had no doubt.
 
So, maybe you can understand my mixed emotions when I tell you we aren't keeping her. A little while ago, I remembered a good friend that had mentioned wanting a cat. And when I say good friend, I mean one of the best guys I have ever known. I had sent some pictures, a description, and yesterday (a little to my surprise) was told the family had decided to adopt her.
 
They want to wait until after the Christmas holiday to incorporate our Kitty Kitty into the fold. Obviously, I still have to call NACC, they have to fill out paperwork, there are obligatory meetings, but this all should happen without problems. My own actions seemed to have taken the choice away from me. And of course I'm still running through the all the possible scenarios that could allow me to keep her, but that is just me making things harder on myself. It's going to be hard to let go.

2 comments:

It's a hard choice to make for sure, especially when you have grown so attached. I hope if you can't keep her, you are at least going to be able to visit her regularly in her new home.

Wow - that's great news! Sort of makes the decision easier, doesn't it? Hey - you'll be able to visit, right? Just stock up on some Kleenex, when you part with her, I'm sure many tears will be shed. Those of joy and sorrow. She's just so beautiful and I know you didn't come to this decision easily. Hope it all works out - can't wait to hear how it all pans out! :)

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More