May 3, 2012

Quick Tip: Homemade Liver Treats

Liver treats have long been a favorite of dog owners because of their health benefits and because dogs just love them. I tried my hand at making them myself, and I am proud to say that they were a success!

I started by boiling the liver a few minutes in water with stock (from Relay's stash). I then proceeded to slice them up thinly, placing them on a non-stick cookie sheet. I set the oven to 200, while keeping the door cracked open to allow the moisture out, and cooked for hours to the appropriate 'doneness' for my dog.

That's it! I chose to dry them out completely so that they could be an easy grab on the counter, but if your prefer to have them a little softer, just store them in an airtight container in your refrigerator. Enjoy, and check out our other treat recipes here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More