May 30, 2012

Ever wonder what's under the stairs?

It never occurred to me to try and look under my stairs. That I got that opportunity is thanks to our lovely kitten foster, Pink, who managed to get stuck.

The entire ordeal was absolute chaos from start to finish. She managed to get into a crevice but could not fit back out again. I tried to pull her out and only succeeded in scaring her. So then I had to break open the stairs and wait for her to come out.

Sweet as she is, Pink was not happy with the next part of the story. Not knowing what she covered herself with under there, I had to give the little girl a bath. I know that it is an old joke that cats hate water. I thought it was an exaggeration, like when people say you can't teach an old dog new tricks. Having little exposure to cats, I was unprepared for anarchy.

Along with some bruising and cuts from the excavation, Pink sent me off with a few expressions of her displeasure, as well.

See that cute face up there? Take a look back at some more shots of how Pink is just the sweetest little kitten. Let me say that she's not so cute when she's wet and angry.

 

Thankfully there is a happy ending to this story. Just when I thought that I had scarred this poor girl for the rest of her life and that she'd never forgive me, a thought came to my head. I made a quick stop to the pantry and came back to visit Miss Pink who was now dry, but very clear that we were not on speaking terms. I prepped her food dish (side note, it was completely empty as one opportunistic hound decided to clean it out when no one was looking). I put a good helping of dry food, a generous dollop of wet food, and a big piece of tuna fish in her food dish and covered the dry food with the tuna water. I have since been forgiven.

4 comments:

LOVE the angry kitty in the towel photos:)

I could forgive as well with a lovely meal like that!

p.s...not all dogs like baths....sheesshhh...you should see what happens when I just "think" it's bathtime!

Good plan to make sure you were forgiven. :)

Any bad feelings in this house are always smoothed over with something tastey. Applies to every species ;-)

Tuna fish will get 'em every time!

I have given you the Sunshine Award, you can pick it up here: http://oskarsblog.com/?p=668

Nubbin wiggles,
Oskar

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More