June 21, 2012

Spotlight: Foster Dogs

You know I'm all about a website dedicated to the support of foster families.

Foster Dogs is a tremendous resource, and should be your first stop should you consider fostering a homeless pet. It touches on basic information about what fostering is, common problems you may encounter, steps for a successful adoption, tips on incorporating your new foster dog in your home and so much more.

But really, what I love most about FosterDogs.com is their Yahoo! Group. These are real people (over 650 strong) who are in the trenches, just like me. I go there for support, to ask dumb questions, to vent, to find direction, to converse with people who are experiencing the same things that I am.  And I have found some terrific people there. People who have been fostering longer than I've been on this earth, who know just what to say, people that simply offer kind words of encouragement.

My inbox is always open to anyone who has a question about fostering, but I suggest jumping on this group and listen in to get a feel for what the day to day is really like. It has been an incredible and positive experience for me, and I can't wait to see you all there.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More